We understand that washing bras can be a daunting task for many women. While some choose to put them in the washing machine, others opt for handwashing as the care labels suggest. However, both of these methods have their own set of problems. So, what is the best way to wash your bras without damaging them?
Firstly, let’s talk about the risks associated with putting bras in the washing machine. The manufacturer’s care label, which is usually attached to the bra, often recommends handwashing. If you choose to ignore this label and put your bras in the washing machine, you run the risk of damaging the wires, which can cause them to break or pop out. If this happens, you could lose your consumer rights, and your bra may become unwearable.
That being said, we understand that handwashing your bras can be a time-consuming and laborious task. But fear not, there is a way to wash your bras in the washing machine without causing damage. All you need is a pillowcase, some delicate detergent, and a little bit of patience.
Here’s how to do it:
- Fasten your bra: Before placing your bras in the pillowcase, make sure to fasten the hooks. This will prevent them from getting caught on the lace and ruining the bra.
- Put them in a pillowcase: Once your bras are fastened, place them in a pillowcase. This will prevent the hooks from catching on your other clothes during the wash cycle, which can damage both your clothes and your bra.
- Use a delicate wash cycle: Set your washing machine to a delicate wash cycle. This will ensure that your bras are washed gently and don’t get damaged in the process.
- Use delicate detergent: You don’t need to buy a special lingerie detergent. Instead, use a detergent that is suitable for delicate washes. Avoid using fabric softeners, as they can eat away at the lycra and cause your bra to stretch out more quickly.
- Reshape your bras: Once your bras are out of the washing machine, take out the molded cups and reshape them while they are still wet. This will prevent any creases from forming and ensure that your bra maintains its shape.
- Hang your bras properly: Finally, when hanging your bras to dry, avoid hanging them by the straps, as this can cause them to stretch out. Instead, hang them from the center of the bra, so that they maintain their shape.
By following these simple steps, you can safely and effectively wash your bras in the washing machine without causing any damage. Plus, it will save you time and effort, which we know is important for many women.
Video: How To Correctly Machine-Wash Bras
In conclusion, we believe that caring for your lingerie should not be a daunting task. With the right knowledge and tools, you can wash your bras without causing any damage and keep them looking and feeling like new. So, say goodbye to handwashing and embrace the pillowcase method for a hassle-free and effective way to wash your bras.