If you’re looking for a healthy, easy-to-make breakfast recipe that will keep you satisfied until lunchtime, then look no further than this delicious banana and egg pancake recipe. Not only is this recipe incredibly simple, but it’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, and packed with protein and healthy fats.
Video: If you have 1 banana and 2 eggs, make this 5 minutes recipe for breakfast
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious breakfast dish:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place 1 ripe banana in a bowl and mash it with a fork until it is smooth and creamy.
- Crack two eggs into the bowl with the mashed banana and mix together until the mixture is well combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and melt the unsalted butter in the pan.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan, using a ladle or large spoon, and fry for 1 minute.
- Flip the pancake over using a spatula and fry for another minute on the other side.
- Once the pancake is cooked through, transfer it to a plate and serve.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s talk about some tips and tricks to make the perfect banana and egg pancake.
Tips and Tricks
Choose a Ripe Banana
The key to a delicious banana and egg pancake is to use a ripe banana. A ripe banana is sweeter and easier to mash, which will help to give the pancake a fluffy texture.
Use a Non-Stick Pan
Using a non-stick pan will make it much easier to flip the pancake without it sticking to the pan. If you don’t have a non-stick pan, you can also use a well-seasoned cast iron pan.
Keep the Heat on Medium-Low
Cooking the pancake over medium-low heat will help to ensure that it cooks evenly without burning. If the heat is too high, the pancake will cook too quickly on the outside and not cook through on the inside.
Don’t Overmix the Batter
Mixing the batter too much can result in a tough and chewy pancake. Be sure to mix the ingredients together until they are just combined.
Add Toppings for Extra Flavor
This recipe is delicious on its own, but you can also add your favorite toppings for extra flavor. Some great options include sliced strawberries, blueberries, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of honey.
In conclusion, this banana and egg pancake recipe is a simple and healthy breakfast option that you can whip up in just a few minutes. By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make the perfect pancake every time. So, the next time you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious breakfast, give this recipe a try and enjoy!