If you’re looking for a unique dessert recipe that’s sure to impress your family and friends, then you might want to try making chicken breast pudding. This unusual pudding recipe may sound unusual, but once you try it, you’ll be amazed how delicious and satisfying it is yes.
In this article, we’ll share with you our recipe for chicken breast pudding. We’ll also give you some tips and tricks to make sure your pudding turns out perfect every time. But before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about the history of this unique dessert.
A Brief History of Chicken Breast Pudding
Chicken breast pudding is a traditional dessert in many Middle Eastern countries. It is believed to have originated in Turkey, where it is known as tavuk göğsü. This pudding is made with shredded chicken breast, rice flour, milk sugar and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include Cinnamon or rose water for added flavor.
The recipe for chicken breast pudding has been passed down through generations in Middle Eastern families. It is often served on special occasions such as weddings and religious festivals. In recent years, this unique dessert has gained popularity in other parts of the world due to Its delicious and unusual ingredients.
Now, let’s get to the recipe.
- 1-liter milk
- ½ cup of rice flour
- ½ cup corn-starch
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 pack of vanilla
- 1 chicken breast
- 50 g butter.
- Cook the chicken breasts in a pot of water until fully cooked. Take it out of the pan and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Shred the chicken breasts and place in a bowl of cold water. Refrigerate overnight, changing water occasionally. This process helps soften the chicken and makes it easier to shred.
- In a separate pot, whisk together rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla, and milk. Heat the mixture over medium heat and continue stirring until it thickens and reaches the consistency of pudding.
- Remove pan from heat and add butter. Blend the mixture with a whisk for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from water and squeeze out excess liquid. Add the shredded chicken to the pudding mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour pudding mixture into pre-rinsed and moistened glass containers. Let it cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over pudding before serving.
Tips for Making the Perfect Chicken Breast Pudding
- Use a fine-mesh strainer to strain the rice flour and cornstarch to keep the pudding from clumping.
- When adding the butter to the pudding mix, make sure it’s at room temperature so it can mix well with the other ingredients.
- Be sure to change the water in which the chicken breasts are soaking regularly. This helps remove any impurities and ensures that the chicken is soft and tender.
- Stir chicken into pudding mixture with a wooden spoon. This keeps the chicken from falling apart and helps distribute it evenly throughout the pudding.
- Just before serving the pudding, sprinkle some cinnamon on top for extra flavor.
Chicken breast pudding might be an unusual dessert, but it’s a must-try for anyone who likes to experiment with new recipes. This Middle Eastern delicacy is the perfect combination of sweet and savory that will satisfy your taste buds.